Voodoo2 Windows 9x DirectX 7 Drivers - Version 3.02.02
Download Updated: January 27, 2000
Page Updated: January 28, 2000
What's new in Version 3.02.02
- Fixed issue, which caused some Glide apps to hang when changing from 640x480 to 800x600.
- Fixed issue with the control panel. Running a D3D app, pressing ALT+TAB and then attempting to use the control panel caused the D3D app to freeze.
- Fixed issue with the control panel. Incorrect memory configurations were getting reported.
- Fixed issue with the D3D function ValidateDevice ( ).
- Fixed issue Speed Busters, Turok2 and Cyberstrike2. After running these games they could not be restarted unless the machine was rebooted.
- Fixed issue with pulsating circles around edges of jump pads and lighting around skull being corrupted with Q3 test.
- Fixed issue with fog not correctly displayed on Q3 Test.
- Fixed issue with Quake 3's brightness control being grayed out.
- Updated OpenGL with miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Windows 95 or Windows 98
- PC with an Intel(r), AMD(r) or, Cyrix(r) based processor
- One free PCI slot (or two free PCI slots for SLI)
- 16MB of RAM or more suggested
- Microsoft DirectX 7
Download and Installation Instructions
The installation below can vary depending on which version of Windows is installed. To determine the Windows 95 version click Start, Settings, Control Panel. Double-click on the system icon. If the Windows version is 4.00.950b, Windows 95 OEM SR2 is running.
Existing Drivers Installed or PCI Multimedia Device shown in Device Manager
For further instructions on how to install Voodoo2 drivers on systems with no current Voodoo2 drivers or SLI configurations, please consult the readme.txt file in the kit.
- Start Windows, download the Voodoo2 Windows 9x DirectX 7 Driver kit Version 3.02.02 below and extract the kit to a temporay directory
- Open Device Manager (Start, Settings, Control Panel, System)
- Locate the existing reference to the card it will be listed as:
- Reference Card: Other Devices / PCI Multimedia Device or Sound, Video, Game Controllers / Voodoo2 NOTE: In an SLI configiration (2 Voodoo2 cards) you only need to select one card to update.
- Double Click on the card, then click the driver Tab
- Windows 95 Standard Release users: Click "Change Driver" and choose "Have Disk"
- Windows 95 OEM SR2 users: Click "Update Driver" then click the Next Button. Click "Other Locations"
- Windows 98 users: Click "Update Driver" then click the Next Button twice on the Detection Dialog Box. Ensure that "Specify a Location" is checked and "Microsoft Windows Update" is not checked. Click Browse to continue.
- Point the driver location to where the files are extracted to and click OK.
- Windows Standard Release 95 users: Select "Voodoo2 3D Accelerator" from the List and click OK. Click OK again to save changes in Device Manager.
- Windows 95 OEM SR2 Users: Click on Finish to continue.
- Windows 98 users: Click on Next to continue.
- You MAY then be prompted to insert the "Voodoo2 Drivers for Windows 9x" Disk. Again, point to the path you extracted the files to and press OK.
- Windows will copy the drivers. Reboot the system when prompted
- Download the latest version of DirectX 7 from Microsoft and install it if not already done.